What is Bokeh Control?
In the past, the Petzval’s swirly bokeh effect has always been strongly dependent on factors such as the types of backgrounds you shoot against and the distance between you and your subject.
With the Petzval 58 Bokeh Control Ring, you can now achieve purely sublime swirl in all kinds of environments and shooting conditions:
The Bokeh Control Ring is located on top of the lens and can be adjusted between levels 1 and 7. Simply by moving this ring, you can change the amount of swirl you get in your Petzval shots. For a subtle swirly bokeh effect, turn the ring to Level 1.
But if you want to achieve a more powerful swirly bokeh effect than you’ve ever known before, turn it to Level 7 and watch the world transform right in front of your eyes. The way the Bokeh Control Ring works is deceptively straightforward.
By changing the level, you are adjusting the distance between the lens elements and this then affects the strength of the swirly bokeh you get.
- Focal Length: 58mm
- Aperture: Waterhouse aperture stops, f/1.9, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16
- Image Circle: 44mm
- Field of View: 41 degrees
- Optical Construction: 4 lens elements in 3 groups
- Lens Mounting Profile: Nikon F
- Color: Brass or Black
- Electronic Contacts: No
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.6m
- Focusing Mechanism: Gear Rack Focusing
- Filter Thread: 52mm
- Bokeh Control Levels: 1 (minimum swirl) to 7 (maximum swirl)
- New Petzval 58 Bokeh Control Art Lens Nikon Mount
- Standard Waterhouse aperture plates
- Front and rear lens cap
- Leather Pouch
- Photo and manual book
- Instruction manual